We have some very important information for all of the fluffy and friendly folks eager to join us for CanFURence: The Furs are Back in Town! Specifically, what measures will CanFURence be taking to ensure the safety and health of our staff and attendees?
We have been closely monitoring and reviewing different options and requirements alongside our previously announced registration cap. All of these things are subject to change based on the national and local rules that we must adhere to, and on the constantly changing nature of this pandemic. As of this announcement, the following will be required in order to attend our event this November:
- We will be asking all attendees and staff to maintain physical distancing of a minimum of 2 meters (6 feet), and to remain properly masked, within the convention space (this includes fursuiters)
- There will be a COVID-19 symptom screening questionnaire prior to badge pick up.
- In order to receive their badge, staff and attendees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination (final vaccination received at least 2 weeks prior) against COVID-19 or results of a negative COVID-19 test from the last 7 days prior to the start of the event.
- We will be providing our staff with additional safety plans and personal protective equipment where necessary.
- Some personal information provided to CanFURence may be submitted to contact tracing services, only if required, in compliance with public health directives.
Even with all of these efforts in place, we cannot promise that this event will be 100% COVID free, and we request that everyone consider the health and wellbeing of not only yourself and those within your personal life, but the health and wellbeing of your fellow furs as well.
If any circumstance arises at any time in which you can no longer attend and you have already pre-registered, please send an email to us at with the subject "Unable to attend" to have our Registration Team assist you.
If you have any additional questions or concerns that we may not have mentioned here, feel free to contact us at .