By bidding in CanFURence’s charity auctions, each bidder agrees to the following:
- Bidders must be aged 18 years or older, OR have provided a parental consent form for the purpose of participating in CanFURence’s charity auctions.
- Items may be added to, OR removed from, the auction without notice.
Note: Attendees who wish to know the reasons for an item being withdrawn can request information from the CanFURence charity staff.
- CanFURence is not responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, or provenance of the items, nor their condition prior to their delivery to the auctions.
- We may, at our discretion, cross out bids which we deem invalid (See section 1.2.1 of adjoined “Charity Auctions Information”).
- CanFURence staff members and volunteers who work at the Live Auction may not directly bid at the Live Auction. They may bid by appointing a proxy with whom all bid-related communication and instructions must be concluded prior to the Live Auction.
- Each bidder assumes all risks and hazards related to the items obtained at the auction and agrees to hold CanFURence, their staff members, their volunteers, or sponsors connected with the auction, harmless from any liability arising directly OR indirectly from the items offered.
- Items are sold as is and all sales are final.
- A bid is a legal contract to buy.
Note: If a bidder doesn’t present themself to pay for and retrieve their item(s), OR if they don’t have the appropriate funds, they may find themself excluded from future charity auctions.
- Payment must be processed within the time and place specified by the “Charity Auctions Information”, unless prior arrangements have been made with the charity department.
- CanFURence accepts cash, debit, MasterCard and Visa.
- Items must be picked up at the time of payment unless prior arrangements have been made with the charity department.
- Unclaimed items will be stored and, at CanFURence’s discretion, either re-auctioned the subsequent year OR raffled at a future PawPrints event.
- CanFURence is not responsible for the resolution of purchased services such as commissions. The terms of the services resolution (completion, delivery, etc) is to be agreed upon between the winning bidder and the donor.
Note: CanFURence strongly recommends that, unless specified otherwise, all services purchased through its auctions should be resolved within one year of the date of the purchase.